- 3 cups Garlic String Beans
- 10-12 oz steak--porterhouse, filet mignon, flank or whatever cut you prefer
- 2 tsp. safflower oil
- 1 small red or white onion, sliced
- 4 cups butter lettuce, washed, dried and broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups spinach, stems removed
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced or cut into matchsticks
Prepare Garlic String Beans. While beans are cooking, broil steak according to taste. Cut into thin diagonal strips and set aside. Heat oil in small skillet. Saute onion in oil until tender and beginning to crisp. Place lettuce and spinach in a large bowl. Add steak, string beans, onion and mushrooms.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, seasoned salt, or salt-free seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Spike (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk until frothy oil, lemon juice and mustard. Add sea salt and Spike, if desired. Pour over salad. Add pepper to taste. Toss well.
Recipe via Fit For Life