- 1 lb. Stew meat
- 3 cups beef broth (or 3 cups water w/3 tsp. beef bouillon)
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- 2 Potatoes cut into bite sized pieces ( about 2 cups)
- 1 large bag of frozen mixed veggies (or 2 small bags)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 TBSP corn starch mixed with an equal amount of cold water
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, combine stew meat, broth, onion soup mix, and water.
Bring to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Cover and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes.
Add potatoes, recover and cook another 20 minutes.
Now, add the veggies, and seasonings as desired. Cover and allow to cook for 40 minutes.
In a small dish combine the cornstarch with an equal amount of water. Stir into the stew mixture. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 10- 20, until thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe via afewshortcuts.com