- 1 Cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 oranges (grated and juiced)
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate orange rinds to get zest. You will want the zest of all 3 oranges. After you have grated cut open and juice the oranges.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs, juice and grated rind of oranges. Mix thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk and vinegar or use buttermilk.
- Alternate adding milk and dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minute or until light brown. Ice cookies while warm
- 16oz powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- juice and rind of 1 orange
Whisk together to make icing for orange cookies. Drizzle over cookies, or dip cookies into icing while still warm.
Recipe makes 6 dozen cookies!
Recipe via afewshortcuts.com