Cook: 10 mins
- 1 lb. romaine or green-leaf lettuce, or fresh spinach, separated into individual leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cucumber or tomato
- 4 cups cooked lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 to 2 cup leftover cooked rice, optional
- Salt and pepper
2.) Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and saute until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
3.) Add beef and fish sauce. Add rice, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for a few more minutes, stirring, until ingredients are well mixed.
4.) Wrap lettuce or spinach leaves around several tablespoons of meat mixture and serve.
Per serving: 109 Cal., 7g Fat (3g Sat.), 57mg Chol., 4g Fiber, 21g Pro., 9g Carb., 669mg Sod.
Recipe via All You Magazine