This will make enough for 2 pies! If you only want one…half it!
- 3 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Cups Chopped Onion
- 8 oz package fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 8 TBSP Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) Cans stewed tomatoes
- Enough Mashed Potatoes to top 2 pies = a lot of potatoes!
- Shredded Cheese to top (optional)
- Here we go. Brown Beef in a LARGE skillet over medium-high heat. Until meat crumbles.
- Remove Ground Beef from pan using a slotted spoon; reserve;2-3 TBSP dripping in skillet. Reduce Heat to Medium.
- Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic in hot drippings over medium heat 10 to 11 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in Ground beef, peas, beef bullion, salt, and pepper. (If you prefer a different veggie you could substitute corn or carrots. Whatever your heart desires!)
- Sprinkle flour over meat mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes breaking up large pieces with a spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. It will create it’s own sauce!
- Transfer half of the mix to a lightly greased 3 qt baking dish or pan. Transfer the other half to another baking dish or to a aluminum pan from the dollar store. (These are perfect for freezer meals…Just bake and toss!)
- Spoon Mashed Potatoes evenly over each meat mixture. Smoothing with back of spoon. Sprinkle with cheese if you desire!
Now….for the one for today….Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
For the one for later. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to cool! Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in fridge 24 hours. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Leave the aluminum foil cover on for the first 15 minutes of baking. Then remove to allow potatoes to brown.Each Pie Serves 6
Recipe via afewshortcuts.com