- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 cup stick margarine or Butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk or evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease bottoms and sides of pans, and lightly flour. I use baking spray. It already has the flour in it! Major time and mess saver!
- Beat Sugar, Margarine, eggs, and vanilla with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Then, on high speed for 5 minutes. It is important to let beat the entire 5 minutes!
- While mixture is beating, place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Measure out milk .
- Take turns adding some of the Flour mix and the Milk to the batter in the mixer on low speed.
- After everything is mixed together. Scrape mix into pans.
- Bake Bundt Pan for 1 hour 10 minutes or loaf pans 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.
I always make to loaf pans. I wrap one up really well when it is cool and I put it in the freezer. They are great for dessert when you don’t want to make a mess in the kitchen.
It is so easy! You could use any kind of berry, but Strawberry is my favorite!
Just wash and cut the tops off the berries. Cut the berries into bite size pieces and toss with sugar. The amount is up to you. The sugar pulls the moisture from the berries and creates that wonderful juicy sauce for your short cake.
I suggest cleaning the berries when you put the cake in the oven. That way they have about an hour to sit in the sugar and get all juicy.Slice your cake. Top with berries and juice, add whipped cream or cool whip and there you have it!
Recipe via afewshortcuts.com