- 4 cups butter lettuce, washed, dried and broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup arugula or fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups Easy Roast Chicken, skinned and shredded, or any broiled, steamed or barbecued chicken
- 2 cups asparagus
- 1/2 cup carrots, slivered
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, sprouts and arugula or cilantro. Break and discard tough ends from asparagus and cut into 1-inch diagonals. Drop asparagus into boiling water. Boil for 4-4 minutes or until it turns bright green. Remove from boiling water and place immediately under cold water. Pour boiling water over carrots and allow them to blanch for 1-2 minutes. Drain. Add chicken, asparagus and carrots to salad greens.
Curried Mayonnaise Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or 2 tsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp. scallions, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
In small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise and honey. Whisk until creamy. Add curry powder, basil, scallions and sea salt. Whisk again. Pour over salad. Season with pepper to taste.
Makes 1 very large or 2 moderate-size salads.