- Basic Pie Dough
- 3lbs beef tips or steak, cubed
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cubed small
- 3-4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 bag frozen veggitables
- 2 been bullion cubes
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
Make Basic Pie Dough, split in half and store in fridge.1. Put beef tips in crockpot and add just enough water to cover. Cook on low setting for 6 hours.
2. Remove beef from crockpot and put in skillet. Brown beef.
3. Add potatoes, celery and vegetables to broth left in crockpot. Add 2 additional cups of water and bullion cubes. Cook on high setting for 1 hour.
3. Grease pie dish and line with half basic pie dough. Return to fridge.
4. When vegetables are done cooking, combine with beef and pour entire mixture into waiting pie dish.
5. Pour leftover beef broth into skillet and add cornstarch, one Tbsp at a time, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens. Pour gravy on mixture in pie dish. Preheat oven to 450.
6. Cover pie with remaining pie dough and cut slits in top. Form crust with fingers by pinching dough together.
7. Set pie dish on cookie sheet and place on lowest rack of oven for 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 375 and bake another 30 minutes or until crust is golden and juices are bubbling.
8. Let cool before eating.