Cook: 45 mins
- 3 firm-ripe pears (such as Bosc)
- 3 Granny Smith or other tart apples
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- 6 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. plus 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on biscuits
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter, cut into peices
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2.) Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, remaining cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend in butter until mixture resembles course cornmeal. Mix sour cream and buttermilk and add to dry ingredients. Stir until soft, sticky dough forms. Shape dough into 8 2-inch-thick disks and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar.
3.) Bake 12 to 15 minutes on two parchment-lined baking sheets, until pale golden. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and cool.
4.) In a large bowl, whisk cream until it holds soft peaks; whisk in confectioners' sugar.
5.) Split cooled biscuits. Spoon some fruit onto bottom half, top with large dollop of cream and top half of biscuit. Top biscuits with more whipped cream, if desired.
Per Serving: 604 Cal., 30g Fat (19g Sat.), 107mg Chol., 4g fiber, 6g pro., 80g Carb., 338mg Sod.
Recipe via All You Magazine