Cook: 3 mins
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups sliced endive
- 4 cups shredded radicchio
- 2 ripe pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola, crumbled
2.) Just before serving, reheat bacon fat over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl and vigorously whisk in olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
3.) Make salad: In a large serving bowl, toss together endive, radicchio, pears and crumbled bacon. Add dressing and toss lightly. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Per serving: 218 Cal., 17g Fat (6g Sat.), 29mg Chol., 2g Fiber, 8g Pro., 11g Carb., 642mg Sod.
Recipe via All You Magazine