- 6 tiny new potatoes (red-skinned)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 cups broccoli florets (leave 2 inches of stems attached)
- 4 cups head lettuce, washed, dried and broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
Place potatoes whole and unpeeled in vegetable steamer, covered, over boiling water for 20 minutes or until almost tender. While potatoes are steaming, prepare broccoli, greens, and dressing. Remove from heat and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (peeling is optional). Place in large bowl and set aside. Melt butter in small saucepan. Pour butter over potatoes and toss well. Add sea salt and paprika and mix well. Place potates in one layer on cookie sheet. Place at highest shelf position in preheated broiler. Broil for 5-10 minutes.
While potatoes are broiling, steam broccoli whole for 5-7 minutes or until just tender and bright green. Remove from heat immediately and set aside to cool.
Place lettuce and spinach in large bowl and add sprouts, separated so they don't clump. Add cabbage. Cut broccoli lengthwise into think slivers. Add to greens.
- 1 large clover garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
Peel garlic and crush (if you like a heavy garlic flavor) or cut in half (if you like a milder salad). Place garlic in measuring cup and pierce with fork. Add lemon or lime juice, salt, olive oil and herbs. Add mayonnaise and whip dressing with garlic fork until thick and creamy. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Complete the salad:
Remove potaotes from broiler. Add to salad. Season with pepper, if desired. Toss well.
Recipe via Fit For Life