Bake: 1 hour
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oils
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 firm apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten
2.) Add onion and celery to skillet and cook 5 minutes, stirring. Add garlic, apples, sage and parsley and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring often. Remove from heat and add mixture to sausage.
3.) Add bread crumbs to sausage mixture, toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Gently stir in chicken broth, then egg. Spoon mixture into casserole dish, cuver with buttered foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake about 20 minutes longer, until stuffing is golden on top. Serve warm.
Per serving: 365 Cal., 22g Fat (8g Sat.), 74mg Chol., 3g Fiber, 14g Pro., 28g Carb., 1,011mg Sod.
Recipe via All You Magazine